Country Club and Community Association
- Highland Lakes
- ABOUT HIGHLAND LAKES
- The Highland Lakes Community
- If You Are Thinking of Buying Property in Highland Lakes
- About Renting Homes in Highland Lakes
- Beaches & Swimming
- Boating & Dock Space
- Chronological History
- The Five Lakes and Lagoon of Highland Lakes
- Highland Lakes – Check Us Out!
- Highland Lakes Community Map
- The Highland Lakes Newsette
- Newsette Submission Requirements
- Newsette Production Schedule for 2019
- Newsette from 2019
- Newsette from 2018
- Newsette from 2017
- Newsette from 2016
- Newsette from 2015
- Newsette from 2014
- Newsette from 2013
- Newsette from 2012
- Newsette from 2011
- Newsette from 1949-1950
- Newsette from 1951-1960
- Newsette from 1961-1970
- Newsette from 1971-1980
- Newsette from 1981-1990
- Newsette from 1991-2000
- Newsette from 2001-2010
- Photo Gallery – Historical
- Photo Gallery – Today
- MEMBER INFO
- Voting Board of Highland Lakes
- From the Desk of President Suzanne Ross
- Annual Meeting
- Club Dues and Assessments
- Clubs and Interests
- Committee Descriptions and Meetings Calendar
- Committee Meetings Calendar
- Administration Committee
- Badge Checking Committee
- Boat Dock Committee
- Buildings & Grounds Committee
- By-Laws and Rules Committee
- Clubhouse Committee
- Communications Committee
- Dam Committee
- Ecology Committee
- Elections Committee
- Fishing Committee
- Goodwill Fundraising Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Planning Committee
- Roads Committee
- Goodwill Fund
- Helpful Links
- Office Administration
- Rules and Regulations as of February 2019
- Voting Board and Committees
- Kidz Clubhouse Calendar (Summer)
- Activities Calendar
- Activities for Children
- Crafter, Tiles & Cards
- Lakeside Cafe
- Morning Exercise
- Movie Night
- Pool Room
- Poker Players
- Red Hat Society
- Seniors Club
- Teen Council
- Under 5 Play Group
- Women’s Auxiliary
- Sports Calendar
- Athletic and Recreational Programs
- Swim Team
- CONTACT US
- SITE MAP
Private Member-Only Beach Locations, Hours of Operation, and Rules
The lakes, seven beaches, and swim lanes at Highland Lakes are private, restricted to members of Highland Lakes and their invited guests. Club badges and parking permits are required at all times.
|1||Lake 1 (park area of Upper Highland Lake)|
|2||Main Lake at the Clubhouse|
|3||Main Lake (Lookover Lane at Lakeside Drive East)|
|4||Main Lake (Lakeside Drive East near Island Drive)|
|5||Lake 4 (East Lakeshore Drive)|
|6||Indian Lake (West Lakeshore Drive extension)|
|7||Lake 5 (Upper Highland Lakes Drive at Tranquility Drive)|
Beach Hours – July 4th through Labor Day
– Sunday through Saturday –
|Beach 1||9:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Beach 2||10:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Beach 3||10:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Beach 4||11:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Beach 5||11:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Beach 6||11:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Beach 7||11:30 am – 6:30 pm|
|Swim Lanes at Clubhouse||12:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
Note: Beach hours above are general hours during the bathing season (July 4th through Labor Day). Consult the Highland Lakes Newsette for pre-season beach hours and days of operation. The Club reserves the right to delay openings, not open, reduce operational hours and close beaches and the swim lanes due to staffing availability, weather conditions, and other factors.
Swim ONLY when lifeguards are present.
Beach Rules Please be aware that there are official beach rules that are in place to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone.
- Swimming is permitted ONLY when a lifeguard is on duty, within the roped-in areas, and is done at the swimmer’s own risk.
- Lifeguards supervise the roped-in areas only.
- Directives from lifeguards must be followed at all times.
- Flotation devices may only be used where the user can stand.
- An adult must accompany children requiring supervision.
- Swimmers must enter and leave the swimming area via the beach.
- Swimming is prohibited when thunder or lightning is present.
- Roughness, rowdiness, spitting, foul language, littering or other conduct affecting the safety and/or comfort of others is prohibited.
- Alcohol, glass containers, and pets (with the exception of dogs used for medical/physical assistance) are not permitted on the beach at any time.
- New Jersey’s bathing beach regulations require that all children in diapers must wear plastic pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands. Acceptable disposable swimpants are now available in the diaper aisle in grocery stores. Do not wash out soiled diapers in the bathing water.
- All boats must stay clear of the swimming areas. Boats may not drop-off or pick-up swimmers from within the roped swimming areas.
- Fishing is prohibited within designated areas at all beaches.
- In the interest of the safety of all members using our beaches, please be advised that grills are allowed ONLY on Beaches 3 and 5 and ONLY in the grassy area where the picnic tables are, away from the beach patrons, lifeguard equipment and any playground equipment. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Smoking, vaping or the use of tobacco products is prohibited at all times on all Club properties, including Club beaches and parking lots.